There are many AAU programs out there all doing fairly the same thing. They have tryouts and will make as many teams as possible just to make a lot of money. In doing so most teams are made up of players or a variety of talent and commitment. It has been our experience that this is a failed system.
It is not fair to the players that can and will make the commitment as well as not fair to those who cannot make the commitment because of other obligations. Also if the talent on the team is not somewhat equal it is not fair to all involved.
At the MvEagles we will not put together a team just to make money. We will put together teams only based on having a certain amount of players of somewhat equal talent and commitment.
If we cannot put together such a team in your particular grade group we will tell you and help you to get into another program but we recommend for those that do play AAU that they attend our skill sessions.
If a player just attends our skill sessions alone they will be a much better player for the next season. Players are just playing too many games and need to improve their skills.
New - Program
"I'm A Scorer"
We at the MvEagles have put together a program that will teach your son/daughter the skills and give them the confidence “to be a scorer”.
1. Do other players score most of the points on your sons/daughters team?
2. Do other players perhaps not as good as your son/daughter take most of the shots?
3. Are there many situations in the game that your son/daughter has an opportunity to score but they do not?
For most of you the answers to the 3 questions above is a resounding, YES. But Why?
If your our son/daughter lack either the skills or the confidence to ‘be a scorer”; If they lack either one; skills or confidence they will never be a top scorer on their team
* One on one; must be able to take your defender off dribble or from triple threat to score
* One foot layups & two foot layups
* Different Euro moves from right, left and middle
* Drive and shoot a floater in paint, right and left
* Shooting form and drills
* Shooting off dribble, off screen, off pass
* Variety of shot fake shots and drives
* 2 man game of pick and roll.
* Walk man down and post moves regardless of your size
* Moving without the ball.
* Driving and absorbing contact.
Shooting: Info Coming Soon.
Small Groups: Info Coming Soon
Summer College Ball Program: Info Coming Soon
Northern Essex Community College
Call or Text:
Coach Joe Tardif